Canceling a flight ticket is always an upsetting feeling, but sometimes situations make you do so. If you are flying with Southwest Airlines, you can easily cancel your current flight booking. With this airline, you can rest assured that the airline has a simple cancelation policy. Moreover, Southwest Airlines cancellation policy lets all flyers cancel their existing reservations without any hassle. So go ahead, check out the airline’s cancellation policy, and cancel your flight without any additional effort.
If you would like to cancel your booking with Southwest, check out the associated rules and regulations for a smooth experience.
What is the 24-hour cancelation policy?
Do you wish to get a full refund upon the flight cancelation? Have you heard about the Southwest cancellation policy 24 hours? Well, according to this policy, you can cancel your flight booking for a full refund within 24 hours of the initial booking. Whether you have refundable flight tickets or non-refundable fares, you are entitled to a full refund within this time frame. Moreover, the airline has completely waived its cancelation charges. Therefore, you will receive travel credits for cancelations after this time period.
To cancel your existing reservation with the airline, you can either visit the official site or install the mobile app. Follow the Southwest Airlines cancellation policy 24 hours to claim a full refund on your booking. Moreover, you can also cancel the tickets purchased with a LUV Voucher or Southwest Gift Card within 24 hours of the reservation. However, you have to contact Southwest Airlines agents for the same.
Rules related to the Southwest Airlines cancelation policy
In addition to the 24-hour rule, the airline has other guidelines as well that are associated with the cancelation policy of the airline. Go through these points for a smooth experience. Moreover, the airline may make some changes to the policy, so ensure to review it from time to time. For all the updated rules, check out the Southwest Airlines cancellations policy 2023. Here are some important points that you should note.
- If you have any time Fares or Business Select tickets, you can either receive a refund or hold the value of the ticket as a flight credit. These credits can be used for future bookings with the airline.
- Wanna Get Away and Wanna Get Away Plus are non-refundable fares. When you cancel these fares, the value of the tickets is converted into flight credits that can be used for future bookings.
- If you don’t initiate the “Southwest Airlines cancel flight” procedure at least 10 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time, the value of Anytime tickets and Business Select fares will automatically convert into transferable flight credit.
- Moreover, Southwest will forfeit the Wanna Get Away or Wanna Get Away Plus flight tickets if you don’t cancel them on time.
- Furthermore, you will receive a refund in the original payment mode.
- You will receive a credit card refund within 7 business days. However, for payments made by cash, you will receive a cheque refund within 20 business days.
How to cancel the Southwest booking?
Need to cancel your current booking with the airline? Review the Southwest Airlines cancellation and change policy for a smooth experience with the airline. Moreover, canceling a booking with this airline is just a matter of a few clicks, which you can do from your home comfort. Let’s take a look at the steps to cancel your reservation with Southwest online.
- Firstly, go to the official website of Southwest Airlines.
- Locate the “Change/ Cancel” option on the homepage of the screen. Click on it, and add the required details.
- Enter your confirmation number, first name, and last name.
- After that, choose one option from the “Change Flight” or “Cancel Flight.” To cancel your reservation, click “Cancel Flight.”
- Lastly, click on the “Search” option, and your booking details will open on your screen.
- Follow the prompts displayed on the screen to confirm the flight cancelation in no time.
Can I cancel my booking on the call?
Passengers who don’t want to cancel their reservations online can simply get in touch with the Southwest agents. The airline executives will enlighten you with all the guidelines associated with the cancelation policy. Moreover, you must ask about the points related to compensation in Southwest Airlines cancellation policy. If you are eligible, you can easily claim your refund upon the flight cancelation.
- To cancel your reservation on the call, dial the official phone number of the airline.
- Choose the suitable prompt to cancel your booking, or you can directly select to get in touch with Southwest representatives.
- Once you connect with executives, share your itinerary details so they can go through your booking information.
- After that, the assigned agent will assist you regarding the cancelation procedure.
- Avail their assistance, and cancel your booking in the blink of an eye.
What is the Southwest Airlines cancellation policy due to weather?
Have you ever witnessed a situation where Southwest Airlines cancelled your flight due to inclement weather? Well, it can be really frustrating. If this great airline cancels your flight due to the bad weather, you get the option to rebook your flight. Moreover, you are also eligible to receive travel credits that can be used to make a future booking with the airline.
What is the Southwest Airlines cancellation policy due to illness or medical reasons?
If you need to cancel your flight booking with Southwest due to medical reasons or illness, then the cancellation policy is quite different. You can connect with airline agents and ask for rebooking. Moreover, you are also eligible for a full refund in some specific cases. Get in touch with the Southwest representatives to discuss the situation and claim your refund if eligible.
Am I eligible for a refund after canceling my Southwest booking?
Yes, you can seek a refund upon the flight cancellation if you are eligible. For refundable fares, you can always claim a full refund no matter when you cancel your booking. However, if you have a non-refundable flight ticket, you must check out the Southwest Airlines cancellation policy for non-refundable fares to check whether you are entitled to a refund or not.
- Anytime tickets and Business Select fares are refundable. After canceling these tickets, you will get a full refund.
- You can either request the refund in the original payment mode or hold the value of your ticket in the form of flight credit. Moreover, you can use these credits to purchase future tickets.
- Wanna Get Away and Wanna Get Away Plus fares are non-refundable. Therefore, you will not get any refund upon canceling these tickets. However, Southwest will convert the value of your ticket into flight credits, which you can use for future bookings.
- If you have made a booking with points, the airline will refund the remaining balance in your account.
- Please note that EarlyBird check-in purchases are non-refundable.
- To check the refundability of the group booking, connect with the Group Travel Desk.
- Moreover, you will receive the refund in your original payment method.
Will I get a refund if Southwest cancels my flight?
Has Southwest canceled your flight? Well, you have the right to claim your refund even if you have non-refundable flight tickets. You will get a refund for the unused portion of your booking. As per the Southwest Airlines weather cancellation policy, if the airline cancels your flight due to weather conditions, you must ask for a refund.
- Moreover, passengers are also entitled to a refund for the bag fee they have paid.
- If you have purchased any extras, such as Upgraded Boarding or EarlyBird check-in, you will get a refund for those extras as well.
- To get a refund in the original payment mode, call the phone number of Southwest.
- Moreover, you can also email the airline for the same.
- However, if you don’t request a refund, the airline will convert your associated money into flight credits. You can easily apply these credits towards your future travel.
What is the no-show policy of Southwest Airlines?
As per the no-show policy of the airline, if you don’t cancel your booking at least 10 minutes before the departure, your booking will be canceled automatically. Moreover, Southwest will refund the value of Anytime tickets and Business Select fares in the form of transferable flight credits. However, all the money associated with Any Wanna Get Away or Wanna Get Away Plus fares will be forfeited.
As per the Southwest Airlines cancellation policy, you must cancel your booking at least 10 minutes before departure to avoid a no-show situation. So cancel your booking with ease, and get your money back in your account.
What is the Southwest Airlines cancellation fee?
There is no cancellation fee or no change fee to cancel your reservation with the airline. However, you will have to make sure that your booking is canceled at least 10 minutes prior to the flight departure. Otherwise, the airline will forfeit all your travel funds. However, the fare difference will be applied to cancel your current Southwest Airlines booking.
Summing it up
Flight booking and cancelation go hand-in-hand. However, many flyers refrain from canceling their booking because of huge cancelation charges. But with Southwest Airlines, you can cancel your booking seamlessly without worrying about the cancelation fees. So either access the manage booking section or call the airline agents to confirm the flight cancelation within the shortest time possible.
FAQs- Southwest Airlines Cancellation Policy
Can I cancel and get a refund with Southwest?
Yes, you can get a full refund from the airline by canceling your current reservation within 24 hours of the original flight booking.
What is Southwest airline cancellation policy?
Southwest Airlines doesn’t charge any fee to change or cancel your flight booking. However, the type of refund you will receive from the airline depends on the fare type you have purchased for your journey.
Does Southwest still offer free cancellation?
Yes, Southwest Airlines offers free cancellation to all flyers. You can cancel your current booking with the airline without any additional fares.
Can you cancel a Southwest flight within 24 hours and get your money back?
Yes, you can cancel your current flight booking with Southwest within 24 hours of the original flight reservation. Apply for a refund, and get your money back from the airline.
How do I cancel a flight and get a full refund?
To cancel your existing Southwest flight, visit the official website of the airline. Click on the “Change/ Cancel” option on the homepage. After that, follow the prompts to confirm the flight cancellation from the home convenience.
How can I cancel my flight without a cancellation fee?
Southwest Airlines doesn’t charge any cancellation fee regardless of the fare you have purchased for your reservation. However, to receive a full refund, you need to cancel your booking within 24 hours of the original flight booking.
Does free cancellation mean a refund?
Free cancellation means Southwest will not charge any amount to cancel your booking. However, the amount of refund depends upon the fare type you have purchased.