Flight delays are inevitable, and many frequent flyers know about this. Therefore, learning the flight delay compensation policy is really beneficial to avoid any kind of hassle. If you are flying with Southwest Airlines, then make sure to check out the Southwest flight delay compensation rules for a smooth experience. Moreover, Southwest Airlines understands that flight delays are normal, and therefore, it provides compensation in certain situations.
If your Southwest flight is delayed, the airline will make sure that you get compensation as per your eligibility criteria. Want to avail more details about the airline’s flight delay compensation policy? Keep reading on!
Does Southwest Airlines provide compensation for delayed flights?
If you are looking for compensation for the delayed flight, then you have to verify your eligibility. To get a delayed flight Southwest compensation, get in touch with the agents of the airline. Southwest provides compensation for delayed flights depending upon certain criteria. Additionally, you will get to avail of other benefits as well, such as transportation to & from the airport, complimentary drinks & meals, etc. Moreover, if there is a longer delay, the airline may give you a complimentary hotel room as well.
If your flight is delayed for one or two hours, you may get compensation as a voucher. However, for delays of more than 3 hours, you are eligible to get a refund from the airline. To seek Southwest Airlines flight delay compensation, connect with the airline representative.
What happens if the Southwest flight is delayed?
Are you ready to board your flight? What if you get to know that your flight has been delayed? Isn’t it frustrating? But if you are travelling with Southwest Airlines, you don’t have to worry at all. The airline tries its best to provide you with the needed compensation to cover up your loss.
- If Southwest delays your flight, firstly, you should check out the reason for the flight delay.
- One can easily cancel their bookings for a full refund if the delay is because of the airline.
- To get compensation for delayed flight on Southwest, you must talk to the airline executive.
- Moreover, if you are not eligible for a refund, the airline will give you a redeemable voucher that you can use in the future.
- If Southwest delays your flight for 2 hours because of the bad weather, the airline may make special arrangements for you. Moreover, you can ask for a refund in the form of travel credits.
- Furthermore, you are also eligible for a full refund if the airline cancels your flight.
- You can also get the rebooking option with the airline in case of a flight cancellation.
Claim your Southwest flight delayed compensation, and get your money back easily.
What is the Southwest flight delay compensation policy?
When you try to get compensation for your delayed flight with Southwest Airlines, it is essential to check out the policy. However, there are some rules that you should know to eliminate any kind of issues. Let’s take a look at the flight delay compensation policy of the airline.
1-hour delay compensation
- In case your Southwest flight is delayed for 60 minutes, Southwest will try to rebook you on another flight.
- You should note that no compensation will be given for a delay of 1 hour.
- However, one is definitely eligible to get LUV vouchers as compensation.
- Use this redeemable voucher for your future bookings.
2-hour delay compensation
- For a 2-hour delay, you will not receive Southwest Airlines compensation for delayed flights.
- However, if you don’t get another flight, the airline will put you on the “Priority Standby” list.
- Moreover, eligible flyers can also ask for redeemable LUV vouchers that can be used for future bookings.
3-hour delay compensation
- If your flight is delayed for more than 3 hours, you can easily use the rebooking option.
- The agents will try to find another suitable flight for your journey.
- Moreover, you are also eligible for Southwest Airlines compensation delayed flight for a delay of more than 3 hours.
How can I claim compensation for the Southwest delayed flight?
Is your flight delayed for more than 3 hours? You can simply claim your refund by using different methods. Moreover, these ways are simple and let you claim your compensation easily. Let’s check out the different ways to request compensation for delayed flights.
Via phone call
- The first way is to give a call at the official number of the airline.
- To claim Southwest flight delay compensation, you need to share all the necessary details with the assigned agent.
- Make sure to provide all the required details of your delayed flight.
- After that, the assigned representative will check your eligibility.
- He will immediately initiate your refund if you are eligible.
At the airport
- If you are still at the airport, you must go to the Southwest representatives to share your concerns.
- Share your situation with the agent, and tell him you want your refund.
- If your flight is delayed for more than 3 hours, the agent will initiate your refund in no time.
- Moreover, the agents will not initiate any refund if the flight delay is of less than 3 hours.
- As per the Southwest flight delay compensation policy, one can also claim their refund via the email service.
- Compose an email with all the necessary details.
- Moreover, you should also add the time duration of your delay.
- After that, the agent will process your refund if you are eligible for it.
How much does Southwest compensate for delayed flights?
As mentioned, you will only get a refund if the flight delay is of 3 or more hours. However, you can’t be sure about the compensation amount as it depends upon various factors. Here is the compensation amount based on certain factors.
- Flight delay because of bad weather - $100 to $300
- Substitute flight delay by three hours or more – $800 (approx.)
- Less than 1,500 km – €250
- Between 1,500 km and 3,500 km – €400
- More than 3,500 km – €600
I hope now you have all the necessary information regarding the flight delay compensation of Southwest Airlines. For a delay of 3 or more hours, you can easily claim your refund. Connect with the agents of the airline to ask about your money. Moreover, the Southwest agents are helpful, and they will guide you promptly.