Making a mistake is very common when booking flight tickets. However, it can cost you hefty charges to rectify those mistakes. But if you are flying with Southwest Airlines, you don’t have to worry at all. The airline understands that humans can make mistakes. If you have made a mistake while entering a name, you must go through the Southwest Airlines name change policy.
However, you must check out your booking details once you have confirmed your reservation to rectify mistakes instantly, if there are any. The airline allows one free name correction. Visit the official site or call the airline’s customer service to conveniently correct your spelling mistakes. To learn more about the name change policy of Southwest, read below.
Can You Change A Name On A Plane Ticket To Southwest?
As mentioned, Southwest permits name changes so that you can fly hassle-free to your destination. However, you must know that maybe the entire name change is not possible as per the Southwest name change policy. You can change up to a few characters. The entire name change is only allowed in legal circumstances. Moreover, there are some other guidelines related to the name change policy. Let’s proceed further to learn about these guidelines.
Southwest Airlines name change policy - Know Important Guidelines!
Is there any mistake in your name on the ticket? Fret not because the airline allows you to correct this mistake without any hassle. However, you need to follow certain guidelines to ensure stress-free boarding. Here are some of the important points related to the airline’s name change policy.
- Please note that the airline allows free name correction within 24 hours of the Southwest Airlines ticket reservation.
- Moreover, you can only correct up to 4 characters in your first and middle name.
- Flyers can’t transfer their tickets to anyone else, as all tickets are non-transferable.
- In case of marriage, you can change your name by talking to the airline executive. However, you need to show the relevant documentary evidence for the same.
- Under the name change policy, you can just rectify the mistakes in your name and not replace the name with another passenger.
- Flyers will have to pay an applicable name change fee to correct mistakes in their names.
- If you have neutered the wrong name, you have to cancel your booking at first. After that, name a new booking with the right name.
- You can make changes to your name through the Southwest Airlines manage booking section.
How to change a passenger name on Southwest?
Do you need to make changes to your entered name on the ticket? Well, you can do it with just a couple of clicks. Moreover, you can do it via the official site or phone number. With the user-friendly interface of the website, making changes to your name is easier than ever.
Here are the steps to change your name online.
- Firstly, go to the official Southwest Airlines website.
- After that, navigate to the “Retrieve Air Reservation” page. Moreover, you can directly find the link to the “Manage Flight Reservation” page over the internet to change your name. However, you should go through the Southwest Airlines name change policy before initiating the name change process.
- Once you open the manage booking section, you need to enter the confirmation number, first name, and last name.
- Lastly, click on the “Search” option to fetch your reservation details.
- Now, look for the “Edit Name” option to correct the mistake in your name.
- Follow the prompts on the website, and pay for the change if needed.
Follow these steps to change the name on your ticket, and travel pleasantly to your destination. Confirm your Southwest Airlines official site reservations to avail perks of impeccable services of this airline.
Can I change the name over the call?
The fastest way to resolve all your issues is to call the official phone number of the airline. Get in touch with the Southwest representatives, and share your concern. The agents of the airline will assist you immediately so that you can change your name effortlessly with the airline.
- To change your name on your ticket, reach out to the Southwest executives.
- Provide the details of your current booking.
- The airline agent will fetch your booking details and ask for your right name.
- You have to show relevant documents to proceed further.
- Once the airline agent verifies your details, he will initiate the name change procedure.
With these quick steps, you can change your name with much ease. If you need the utmost flexibility in your travel plan, you must initiate the “Southwest Airlines book a flight” process. Moreover, the great airline understands all your concerns and facilitates you with the best services.
What is the name change fee on Southwest Airlines?
When you change your name on a Southwest ticket, you have to pay a certain fee for the same. The average fee to make corrections in the name is $100-$150. However, this fee varies depending upon various factors, such as the time when you are changing your name, etc.
Moreover, you can change your name on your Southwest ticket for free within 24 hours of the initial reservation. So go ahead, and make name corrections effortlessly to board the flight without any hassle.
How to change name on the Southwest account?
To change your name on the Southwest account, you need to connect with Southwest professionals. Call the official number of the airline to reach out to airline executives and share the details of your account. After that, share the right name with the assigned agent, and he will update the information on the Southwest account.
Key points to note
Additionally, there are certain points that you must keep in mind to avoid any hassle.
- Make sure to add the middle name that must match the name on the government-issued ID.
- If you miss adding the middle name, visit the official site to correct it.
- Moreover, you must also add the correct information to your frequent flyer account.
- It will help you avoid making any mistakes when making a flight booking.
Want to correct your name on the Southwest ticket? Visit the airline’s official site or call the airline to confirm the name change and elevate your travel experience. However, keep the above-mentioned points related to the Southwest Airlines Name Change Policy in mind to avoid any unwanted hassle. Change your name seamlessly, and fly trouble-free.